Sunday, April 19, 2009

East/West Germussia

So, I have not really been updating like I wanted.
I hate introductory sentences like that. They are such a fucking turnoff.

Right now I am working on an interesting project for a class. A 5 minute documentary about deaf students and deaf athletes.
I hope I will be done with the editing by next week and then I will put it up on YouTube and some webspace and share it with you guys!

Other than that, we have 4 conference games left and our chances of making it into the conference tournament are dim, but we are not eliminated just yet.

Yesterday I went lifting with a good friend of mine. We chatted about geography (for whatever reason), and he told me he hasn't had geography since 6th grade. So I made him draw a map of the world.
Besides forgetting Australia completely, still dividing Germany in west and east and putting it into north-central Russia, and drawing Mexico bigger than all of Europe, his map was actually surprisingly accurate for 6th grader knowledge. I wish I had a scanner.

By any means, I ain't no geography master myself. I think my major knowledge of the shape and location of the continents comes from Risk. Still I found his map amusing and had to share this.

1 comment:

  1. Sixth grade's about right. That's when we stopped, too, which is a travesty. About the time America decided to focus too much on standardized testing... I took a Geography class about four years ago in community college and it was an eye-opener, to say the least. The stuff I didn't know (and still don't, due to a lack of repetition)...

    ReplyDelete