Saturday, March 28, 2009

In the spirit of...

... reviving this Blog, I will try to keep up with keeping it somewhat-borderline-as-close-as-it-can-get-to current.
Ramblings included.

So, my new favorite pastime that I discovered "the other day" (isn't it a great saying? THE other day. A specific "the" and a very unspecific "other" and still it gets the message across -> I do not know when but it wasn't too long ago) is listening to Propagandhi songs whilst reading their lyrics and user-interpretations at:
http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107858763041/
(The song that these lyrics and interpretations belong to is this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mifjRigUTVQ)
This particular song in a way touched me, still a ravaging meat-absorber, and almost made me question my innate consumption of cheap Wal-Mart meat. Almost.
I think everyone should do a little bit of listening to interesting bands while reading the lyrics everyday. It makes a lot more clear and your - other - day more interesting.

The other thing I wanted to talk about goes into a similar way. I read something and then consume a different media-medium with the same name/similar content.
I borrowed the graphic novel Watchmen from a friend (Jeremiah - www.myspace.com/jeremiahvedder - his blog) before I went to watch the movie. Have never heard about the novel until the movie came out (blasphemy! unworthy non-dork!) but was interested in graphic novels ever since Seth from the O.C. kept babbling about how it is literature and not plain cartoons and by rambling about it somehow got Summer to fall for him (a feat I have not yet accomplished).
So, I went on and read the book in - for myself - incredible record time of 2 1/2 days and really enjoyed it. I then went on to watch the movie.
Very similar, thus similarly good.
Today I went to the Comic Con with Jeremiah and Cyrus (http://olivercomics.com/) and looked at geeky people, Playmates, Storm-Troopers, Chewy, Iron Man and lots more interesting things. I also picked up a complete collection of "V" for Vendetta which I am reading right now - well, not right now, as you can tell - and am getting ready to watch the movie once I finished the book.

This is all a mere stating of facts of what I am "doing" with my life right now, but this is what a blog is all about, right? Maybe I will get into this and more colorful posts will follow, but for now I remain with the holes and hope my bridge stays on.
(I did a google search for "for now I remain with" looking for nice ways to end a text in English and I got that as a result.
Heavy words, light on meaning. Google for the win.)

2 comments:

  1. That comic convention was weird and cool at the same time. Being from really small towns, it's not a culture I get to interact with very often and I'm not sure it inspires a justification for my lifestyle or a tremendous fear. But I appreciate you coming and was glad we all got to experience this sick, strange land. And thanks for the blog shill. I need to get back on that myself. -- Jeremiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!

    Thanks for your comment.
    I wouldn't say it's sick and strange... otherwise everything that has devotion to something could be considered sick and strange.
    In the end "normal" interests are relative to who you hang out with. And some just might define it as "Standing around in my Iron Man costume at a ComicCon for 8 hours."
    :)

    ReplyDelete